In 2002, National Library Bureau, Department of Fine Arts, Ministry of Culture, allocated the budget at 1,000,000 Baht (One Million Baht) for the system development of information searching by computer system, through LAN system, for internal service in His Majesty the King Musical Library and Her Royal Highness Princess Sirindhorn Musical Library.
In 2007, on the auspicious occasion of His Majesty the King’s 80th Birthday on December 5, 2007, People of Thailand have jointly organized various activities of celebrations to dedicate as worship and congratulations to His Majesty the King, and extended their gratefulness, loyalty, and highly appreciation for the royal grace which was distributed to all Thais in various aspects, including nearby countries. In musical aspect, His Majesty the King has shown his genius, already evident by the people in Thailand and foreign countries. National Library Bureau, Department of Fine Arts, Ministry of Culture allocated the budget of 50,000,000 Baht (Fifty Million Baht) for the project to develop information technology system for the musical service and eventually to honor and widely publicize the King’s prestige. This is also to promote the continuing distribution of musical culture, one heritage of the national arts and culture.
- To celebrate and honor His Majesty the King, on the auspicious occasion of his 80th Birthday on the December 5, 2007.
- To publicize his prestige and the activities that His Majesty the King has provided for the peace of the Thai people, and to develop the country into the modernized technology world.
- To promote the dignity and security of the country.
- To conserve, taking care, promote, extend, and distribute the national arts and culture heritage in music for extending the national value and identity, which will render sustainable development of Thai society and the nation.
- To increase the distribution of arts and technical matters in music of Thai classical music and songs composed by Majesty the King Rama IX, and various Thai songs, including the public relations of music and songs activities.
- To be the information center of musical technical matters for studying and researches in the future.
- To provide updated, convenient, fast, and correct services according to the expectation of clients, and to facilitate internet services to clients who can search the information by themselves at home, resulting the decrease of lost time and traveling expenditure to the musical library.
Open Mondays to Saturdays, during 08:00 – 16:30 hrs. Closed only on Sundays and public holidays.
Materials Available in His Majesty the King Rama IX Musical Library Hall
- Digital records, Video tapes
- Magnetic sound-recording tapes
- Music scores
- Pictures, Calendars, Programs, etc. (Only for His Majesty the King’s musical activities)
- Prohibition of bringing their own audio-visual materials, printing materials or other materials which are identical with materials in the musical library into the musical library.
- Copying of songs or original music scores in His Majesty the King Rama IX Musical Library
-Must get written permission or authorization for copying by licensed holder. Users must show this authorization to the Director of National Library or authorized personnel.
-Such users are the legally licensed holder by showing the authorization to the Director of National Library or authorized personnel.
- Show the “Musical Library Membership Card” to library staff every time when using the service in the musical library or bringing printing materials out of the musical library for photocopying.
- All users must pay respect to the library, no nuisance, or doing other activities to annoy other users.